1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

laptop webcam is not displaying on desktop.

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by aozgul, Jul 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. aozgul

aozgul Thread Starter

Hi Dear!

This is aoz and I need your attention to fix a prob.. Infact there is something wrong with my webcam that is built in my laptop toshiba satellite L350, model no: PSLD8E-00D008EN and since I changed its original windows vista with windows 7.
    now my webcam icon is missing, I could not find it any where neither on desktop nor in start menu.. although its working on skype and yahoo. etc. I have searched it everywhere but could not find anywhere...
    Moreover I dont have any CD with laptop so I ve been updating its webcam driver i,e automatically updated after new windows installation. but I never found webcam icon anywhere.
    kindly do help me to fix this prob.
    waiting for your kind reply..!
    Thanks

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

A webcam is a hardware device. There's no "icon" for a piece of hardware. If the webcam is working in Skype, what's the problem? What kind of "icon" are you looking for?

3. aozgul

aozgul Thread Starter

hi:
    webcam icon means its shortcut display on desktop or in menu bar..from where i can change its setting and quality of video..
    thanks

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

You change the settings and the quality in the program you're using if those options are available.

5. aozgul

aozgul Thread Starter

yes but those options I can only access when I find any shortcut/ icon there in menu bar or on desktop.
    thanks

6. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

I can't understand your last post. You're looking for something that doesn't exist. The webcam is used by programs. You make adjustments to settings and quality in those programs.

7. DVOM

DVOM

You need to find the webcam driver package directly from Toshiba.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1061866