1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop white screened - huh?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jmc, Jun 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmc

jmc Thread Starter

Laptop is a nearly new Fujitsu 1510D, running XP Pro, SP2. It has been doing service as a desktop replacement (traveling for months), and thus is on most of the day, I close the lid only at night, this puts it into hibernation.

I wasn't doing anything in particular - was just composing an email in Thunderbird - when the screen went completely, utterly white from top to bottom. No keystrokes changed this, but on reboot it seems to be working fine.

I did some research but none of the problems were definitely the cause of this. The laptop has shown absolutely no indications of either overheating (the fan is on though) or some other display problem. It's been running for some hours since the lid was opened this morning. Therefore, I'm not sure if this is a hardware or software problem.

Anybody experienced this before? From my research, it seems that white-screening is specifically a laptop issue...

Oh, and I do have AV software and spyware protection - running a full AVG test, so far nothing (not that I expect this is a virus but it's always good to check).

Thanks for any help!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/474423

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice