1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop wierd sound

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ghost97422, Feb 11, 2017.

Advertisement
  1. ghost97422

ghost97422 Thread Starter

Hello. I started hearing some wierd sounds on my laptop and i've ignored it. It's becoming really annoying now so i would like to fix it. I've read that it can be hard drive or CD-rom. I don't have any disk drives on my laptop and hard drive was checked with few programs for hard drive health. I've recorded the sound, here's the link http://www.filedropper.com/recording_8.
    If someone could help me i would be thankful. :)

2. Sponsor

3. managed

managed Allan

That sounds like an old modem to me. What's the make and full model of that laptop ?

4. ghost97422

I bought laptop recently. Its Acer Aspire E 15

5. managed

managed Allan

I found a possible fix by uninstalling the Touchpad driver in Device Manager then re-starting the computer so try that. The touchpad driver will be re-installed, to restart use the Windows key to get the menu then arrow keys and Enter key.

6. ghost97422

It's not working. I can still hear the sound.
    It's kinda strange, sound is higher when im reading a document or using a google chrome and lower while playing games.

7. managed

managed Allan

It could be the hard drive is just noisy. Try running a defrag and see if the sounds starts when that starts.

8. ghost97422

I've started defrag and noise remains the same.

9. managed

managed Allan

Try to start the defrag when the sound is absent or low and see if the sound starts or gets louder when the defrag starts.

10. ghost97422

Sound was gone while i was deffraging, but as soon as it finished, sound started again

11. managed

managed Allan

So during the first defrag the sound was still present but during the 2nd it was not ?

12. easypeel

easypeel

Hello! I think it might be the sound of a fan scraping, or the CD-ROM. I think if it were the hard drive making that sound it would be extremely damaged, and I don't think it is since you can start defragmentation. Have you dropped your laptop?

13. ghost97422

Ye, i've dropped in once. I've bought the cooling pad and sound is not that frequent, so i guess its fan inside. I don't have CD-ROM on my laptop.

14. ghost97422

I've also noticed that when i run the game(It's world of warcraft that isn't using much resources) the sound stops. As soon as i minimize or exit the game, the sound is back.

15. managed

managed Allan

You can take the bottom off the laptop to try to pinpoint where the sound comes from, the video below should help with that :-

16. HayLer04

HayLer04

Hello, check other computer components carefully and see whether one of them get physically damaged somehow.

Also clean the computer fans well.

17. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1185196