Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Laptop Will Not Accept Power

914 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  1069 
#1 ·
this issue happened when my wife plugged it in to her "dads mobile home" plug on wall.
let me explain, i have a 7yr old battery and have been using the charger to power up the unit, because my wife let the battery corrode so now i am forced to use the charger. now; the charger light is on(battery charger), but any light inside actual laptop, is off, even charging light wont turn on. so the unit wont accept power at all, i researched it and i came to draining the PSU(hold power button for a minute). that didnt work. this laptop comes apart comfortably, and its got all its stickers originally on the bottom, but i don't want to pay this much to fix it if its simple enough just testing the unit. also i bought a spare charger for the unit 1st and that didn't solve the problem either. No power to laptop at all? i looked at it, was clean, even tested the connectors on actual male/female plug that goes directly into unit, it holds currency. do i have to explore the motherboard and parts? or is this as simple as replacing a battery inside, like the one next to charger light[BIOS batt]? i am a very fast learner, and can travel to the stars, so depending on the fix, i am down to do this. i cannot waist my wife's $1200 laptop when purchased, bigg thanks!

Sony Vaio
Vgn-c290

#2 ·
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.