1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop will not connect to second monitor via HDMI

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Tristo999, Aug 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tristo999

Tristo999 Thread Starter

Hey, I'm going to be headed off to college soon, and I'm switching from my old desktop to a new Razer Blade 2014, I am planning on still bringing my 2nd monitor to college and want to use it in my dorm room, My Monitor does not have a HDMI, but that is the only port on my Laptop. I thought this would be simple, because I was already running a HDMI to DVI-D on my desktop to my GTX 770 graphics card. While connected to my desktop, the monitor works normally. When I plug it into my laptop, I get nothing in response, The laptop will not detect the Monitor in screen resolution or in control panel. My monitor is a LG Flatron and my laptop is the Razer Blade 2014. I don't understand why it doesn't just plug and play like it did on my PC. Any help? Also, I am on windows 10 but the problem happened on Windows 8.1 aswell

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Has it ever worked? You may want to test using a different monitor and a true HDMI to HDMI cable, just to verify the laptop port functions properly.

3. Tristo999

Tristo999 Thread Starter

I Plugged my HDMI tv into it and it worked fine as a true hdmi to hdmi. Acted perfectly as a 2nd monitor, buts it's a huge tv and I can't take that haha

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1153516

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice