Laptop will not connect to the internet

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Danezzar

Hello and thanks in advance for trying to help out.
As the thread says my laptop is newly unable to connect to any kind of WiFi although the WiFi itself still seems to work for other devices, I also tried connecting to me cell phones data to see if that worked and I ended up with an error message saying that it could not connect. Upon running network diagnostics a very minutes ago it decided that hamachi had no valid IP address, following that I uninstalled hamachi. Now when I run the diagnostic it tells me the only problem is that "a network cable is not properly plugged in our may be broken." My laptop had no problems earlier today and i have never had this problem before either. If there's is any advice to be given is I'd appreciate it.

More information:
When connecting to the WiFi it will reach the "checking network requirements" phase before the laptop displays that there are no connection points at all for a few seconds. After that the system seems to reboot slightly and the connections come back and it seems to connect to the internet although it says "can't connect to this network" websites will also try to reload themselves before the connection dies again and the laptop returns to displaying that it is not connected but there are connections available.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Make and model of this laptop would help?

You stated that there is a list of connections available, are you selecting the right connection?
A screen shot of these connections may help us?

Danezzar

It's an Asus rog gl-552 vw, and I can't take a screenshot of the connections but I assure you there are several there and that I'm choosing the right one.

Danezzar

Well... I can take a screenshot but I wouldn't be able to post it here since, you know, no internet

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
You can always transfer the screen shot to the device that you are using to post here?

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
OK, which of the three is your WiFi connection?

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
And you type in your password and then what happens?

You may need to apply "Forget Connection" resave it.

Danezzar

I've already tried forgetting the connection and re-entering the password. What happens was already described in the original post under "more information"

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Have you checked the devices for any errors?

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Well, click the Strat, then type "Device" and you should see Device Manager, if so, click it.
Do you see a yellow icon next to the WiFi adapter?
If so the driver needs to reloaded.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online