1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop will not power up have tried atx reset

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jentanne, Jun 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jentanne

jentanne Thread Starter

My laptop was working fine yesterday, then we had a thunderstorm last night. I was worried it might get fried because of the storm so I shut it down and unplugged it. This morning it would not power on.

It is a Gateway TA6. When I plug in the AC adapter the battery light comes on. It will not power on though. I found something about doing an ATX reset and I tried that. What I did was unplugged everything including the battery held down the power button for 15 secs then again for 30 secs (when I tried it a second time) I then tried just plugging in the ac adapter and tried to power it on, that didn't work, so I tried plugging in the battery with no ac adapter and that did not work either. I tried it both ways several times varing the amount of time I held down the power button. It has been plugged in all day so I know the battery should be fully charged by now.

Can someone PLEASE help me? I have a lot of financial info on there that I need to get OFF before we go visit family in a couple of days. I have some stuff backed up to my Free Agent Go, but not the updated stuff I need. Can anyone help? I would be SO grateful!!!! Thanks for reading!!

Jen

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/839190

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice