1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop Wireless Card Not Detected After Reformat!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by smoo32, Feb 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smoo32

smoo32 Thread Starter

I have just reformatted a Acer Travelmate 2420 and have windows running, after installing all the drivers from the acer website i now have network problems, the device manager shows an exclamation for ethernet controller but there is nothing about the wireless card which is internal, meanwhile i cannot use the |Cable connection either and doesnt detect when a cable is plugged in even thought it says the driver is installed! what do i do i cannot connect to windows update because i cant connect to the net and am not sure who manufacturers the wireless card!

Thanks, Olly

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/681198

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice