1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop Wireless Problems

Discussion in 'Networking' started by folks, Oct 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. folks

folks Thread Starter

I bought an HP Pavilion dv5 laptop that worked fine for awhile, but shortly afterward the wireless stopped working correctly. It doesn't always find wireless networks and the wireless icon on the touch pad is orange (disabled), pressing it does not change it to blue (enabled). To get it to work I have to restart the laptop until it turns blue, which is annoying when I just need to check something quickly on the internet.

I looked in the device manager and there is an exclamation point icon which says the wireless device could not be started (Code 10, sometimes 43). The card is an Atheros AR5009.

It happens while I'm at home, and anywhere on campus. So it can't be my wireless connection.

I have been living with this problem but it is quite annoying.

How can I fix this?

THANKS

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Contact HP, there has been a run of bad wireless issues, and they have an extended warranty to cover the issue.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/756738

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice