1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop wirless connected but browser not working!

Discussion in 'Networking' started by xai_v, Apr 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xai_v

xai_v Thread Starter

Out of the blue my wireless connection stopped working, my browser cannot connect, I don't know what to do. I have a Samsung laptop that's running on Windows 7. I thought it was the browser so I installed the Internet Explorer 9 and while doing so it was able to download the updates but when I open up the browser it still doesn't work.

I'm thinking that it might be a network problem but I've ran out of ideas. I have a netgear router that's connecting a desktop computer, two VOIP devices, my sisters Mac works but we have two laptop that aren't working. I've also tried connecting it directly to an ethernet cable from the router but it's still not able to open the browser.

Please help, my next move is to just save everything and completely reboot it. :(

2. zainu

zainu

Is your email client working

3. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Open Internet Explorer. Click Tools > Internet Options > Connections > Lan settings > Proxy server > Advanced > delete proxy server settings > click OK > uncheck all boxes > click OK.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    If it's not a bad proxy setting what firewall or security suite do you have?

5. xai_v

xai_v Thread Starter

Thanks for all your replies, I really appreciate it. For some odd reason I turned the laptop on this morning to follow the tips here and as I opened the browser the internet started working again. It's very strange but if it ever happens again I'll try what was posted here. Thanks.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/992590

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice