1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

laptop with monitor

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by stevecampoli, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. stevecampoli

stevecampoli Thread Starter

First Name:
    Steven
    Hey guys !! any ways i have a toshiba laptop, i use it for everythign including gaming...now i will buy a 19 inch lcd monitor and connect to my laptop, the question i have is that will the games pick up the resolution of the monitor or the laptop...for example on my laptop the games are usually 1024 by 768, with the monitor im hoping it will be higher like 1280 by ....any help or whoever has done..please let me know!!

2. Crusnik

Crusnik

Most games these days don't auto pickup your screen resolution, or at least thats been my experience. Usually it's defaulted to 800x600 or 1024x768. You'll have to change the screen resolution in each of your games manually. Make sure to switch them back to 1024x768 before switching back to your laptop screen if you intend to play them without the lcd.

3. stevecampoli

First Name:
    Steven
    but it is compatible, i will the option in the game for a better resolution or?

4. Crusnik

Crusnik

Yeah, if your new screen supports higher resolutions. I have a headless laptop that I have hooked upto a CRT monitor at home. The laptop screen supported upto 1024x768, but with the CRT, I was able to reach higher resolutions.

5. stevecampoli

First Name:
    Steven
    ok i tested it...i was playing a game on the monitor that was connected to my laptop, how come the game lags on the monitor but on the laptop it plays well? any ideas?!

6. stevecampoli

First Name:
    Steven
    ok i tested it...i was playing a game on the monitor that was connected to my laptop, how come the game lags on the monitor but on the laptop it plays well? any ideas?!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541720

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice