Laptop with switchable graphics

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Dromidos

Heya. New here obviously but I'm in a bit of a rut. Sorry for gramma etc using my mobile for this at the moment. Recently purchased myself a new laptop for multipurpose reasons. Everything from gaming (obviously not hardcore just something to tie me over until I build my new desktop) to Microsoft office use for work. I'm having issues with the switchable graphics that when I exit my game (kingdoms of amalur : the reckoning - for example) within minutes my laptop will freeze, which I am guessing happens when it switches back to the intel chipset. Wondering what I can do to stop this from happening even if that means forcing it to use the nvidia gfx card constantly. Below is my laptop specs if it helps.

Toshiba p850/030 with upgraded RAM

CPU
Intel® Core™ i7 processor 3610QM (Quad Core, 2.3GHz - 3.3GHz, 1600MHz FSB, 6MB L2 Cache)

Operating System
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium (64bit) with Service Pack 1 - can change to ultimate at any time

Screen Size
15.6" Widescreen HD LED Backlit Display (1366 x 768)

Memory
12GB DDR3 (4GBx 3) (1600Mhz)

Storage
750GB (5400rpm) SATA

Graphics
NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 630M 2GB with Optimus + Intel® HD Graphics 4000 (4095MB Total: 2GB discrete memory + 2047MB shared memory)

Thanks in advance

Dromidos

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 12179 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M, -2048 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 701574 MB, Free - 652677 MB;
Motherboard: TOSHIBA, QFKAA
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

May as well add this.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online