1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop with very slow boot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Pally, Oct 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pally

Pally Thread Starter

I was given a laptop that has some strange motherboard problem. It works almost fine, until it starts to boot windows, windows xp loading screen appears extremely slow, stays very dim and nothing happens afterwards.

Until than, things seem to work fine, but bios cant save time settings, it does save boot device order and other setting, but it cant save time and date. Tried replacing battery with a good one, same results.

I am able to boot up hirens boot CD, tested hard drive with MHDD it seems fine, tested memory with Memtest, all fine.
    PC-Check motherboard diagnostic shows everything fine to. But its unable to boot any live CD However , i get the same thing as loading windows of the hard drive.

Plus, you also need to push power button 3 times, or hold it for 3 seconds for laptop to power up.

Any ideas what could cause this?

2. Pally

Pally Thread Starter

I laso tried flashing bios with the newest version from the manufacturer, nothing changed.

3. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    I would say that maybe the motherboard is going or has already gone.If you suspect motherboard problems you are probably right.If it isnt the board id have to say theres other problems as well. You have to decide if the computer is worth fixing or not.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1024407

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice