1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop with XP things it's docked

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by RyanZ, Aug 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyanZ

RyanZ Thread Starter

Hello,

I have a Gateway Laptop (M460) everytime I move the monitor it gives me an error "You cannot eject your computer because one of the devices in the docking station, 'Docking Station', cannot be stopped because of an unknown error. Since this device is still being used, do not remove the computer."

The laptop does not have a docking station, it never did have one. It's driving me crazy. I did a clean install of XP and it still does it. When it's in DOS it works fine. I would imagine it's some type of faulty sensor/hardware that's provoking windows to think it's docked. Is there a way to disable the docking functionality in windows so this stops. The laptop is too old to bother sending in to have fixed. The other option I'd be fine with is opening it up and remove the sensor (If someone knows where it is at).

Thanks in advance

2. nessyguin

nessyguin

I dont know but it might be worth looking in BIOS to see if you can disable docking ?

3. RyanZ

RyanZ Thread Starter

Nessyguin,

Thanks for the advice. I did look in the bios and there were no settings that were related to docking.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/742690

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice