1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

laptop woes please help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Neo4u, Apr 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Neo4u

Neo4u Thread Starter

Im trying to help a freind fix a problem with their modem on a compq pressario 2100 laptop.

but here is the problem i have the only account on the laptop appears to be a limited account, which means i cannot instal or unistall drivers or access the other options i need to be able to effect the repair.

the strange thing is there seemd to be no admin account on this laptop i have even treid booting into safe mode to see if it would show me the admin account there but nothing.

does anyone have any suggestions that i could try here ?......

2. Neo4u

Neo4u Thread Starter

OK my freind has asked me just to reinstall windows for them
    here is the problem i now have i have set the pc to boot from cd rom first but every time i restart it just bypases my cd and continues to load windows as normall..... :mad:

anyone have any suggetsions here :confused:

3. shadowcat

shadowcat

You will need to go into the bios (advanced settings) and set the boot order to CDROM, HDD, etc. Make sure that the CDROM boots first. When you start the computer, you will have to hit the Del key or one of the F1-12 keys (it should tell you, and read fast...) before Windows boots.

What kind of laptop (brand & model). Also, which versions of Windows?

4. Neo4u

Neo4u Thread Starter

its the compaq presario 2100 with windows xp pro

i have set the boot sequence to 1.cd rom 2.HD 3. removable device

but it still just continues to load windows every time i restart i have done this on many many occasions before and have never come across this problem before :confused:

5. Whiteskin

Whiteskin

Change that to HD last. (Cdrom, HD, removable device.)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/221264

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice