1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

laptop won't boot, possibly due to infection?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by 5NINED, Jan 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 5NINED

5NINED Thread Starter

Hey guys..I'm unfortunately on the family PC because my laptop is infected :(

Late last night I was watching a video and all of a sudden Microsoft Security Essentials popped up saying I had two trojans, right as I was going to clean them up my laptop just shut off and began to restart. It goes past the initial Toshiba start up screen and after that goes to a black screen w/ a blink cursor in the top left corner and then just sits.

I have a Windows 7 recovery disk that I've been trying to boot from but none of the options seem to be helping me out..and apparently there are no system restore points and the startup repair does nothing for me.

My current job/source of income relies on me having my laptop..so if you can help that'd be great! THANKS!

2. blakcshadow

blakcshadow

google and download Kaspersky Rescue Disk 2010. Its a Live Disc, it runs without windows. it scans all your windows files for viruses and removes them.

You may need to completely reinstall W7 as well

3. davehc

davehc Retired Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    David
  4. w7pro

w7pro

Since you have the Windows 7 disk, you might have to just do a clean install. Oftentimes, people consider this an extreme manuever, but if you're unable to access a restore point and nothing else is really working out, it might be the option to go with.

-- Ryan
    Windows Outreach Team

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974865

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice