1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop won't boot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by martl1979, Nov 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. martl1979

martl1979 Thread Starter

I have a Samsung R60+ laptop. I recently tried booting after a windows update had installed. seemed to boot ok but when I tried launching various applications but they would not open. Tried restarting which initially did not do anything. Eventually it shut down ok but when rebooting it won't get past the manufacturuer's screen. Loading bar goes from about 10% to 60% but no further. When I try pressing F2 to go in to the system settings I get a message saying 'Please wait...' but nothing happens

2. Mark1956

Mark1956

Please state your version of Windows.

Also, see if you can get it to boot into Safe mode.

3. martl1979

martl1979 Thread Starter

It's windows xp, have tried booting in to safe mode but nothing happens, it's just stuck on the manufacturer screen

4. martl1979

martl1979 Thread Starter

Actually it's vista sorry

5. Mark1956

Mark1956

Do you have a Microsoft Vista disc (or can you borrow one), not to be confused with the manufacturer's Recovery discs.

Or, have you got a set of Recovery discs or do you know if there is a Recovery partition.

Try using this disc to see if it will give you access to the hard drive. This will also enable you to back up any important data if you have not already done so.
    Ubuntu Live CD to back up files from your dead Windows

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1026968

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice