Laptop won't boot

Khaithefry

I downloaded this thing to delete things that I didn't need and now it won't boot up. I saw someone else who was having a similar problem to mines just redownload windows but my laptop won't recognize my USB as a thing to even download it. It says "Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. The application or operating system couldn't be loaded because a required file is missing or contains errors. File: \WINDOWS\system32\windload.efi. Error code: 0xc000000f. Press esc for recovery. Press Enter to try again. Press F8 for Startup Settings" pressing F8 or enter doesn't do anything and when I press esc this shows up "Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. An unexpected error has occurred. Error code: 0xc000000f. You'll need to use recovery tools. If you don't have any installation media (like a disc or a USB device), contact your PC administrator or PC/Device manufacturer. Press enter to try again. Press F1 to enter recovery environment. Press F8 for startup settings. Press esc for UEFI Firmware Settings." I need to at least try to fix this before going to get it repaired by another person20210619_041627_HDR.jpg20210619_041642_HDR.jpg

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I downloaded this thing to delete things that I didn't need and now it won't boot up.
I echo what Liz said.
What EXACTLY did you download and use?

What is the brand name and model name and model number and serial number of your laptop?

--------------------------------------------------

Khaithefry

I echo what Liz said.
What EXACTLY did you download and use?

What is the brand name and model name and model number and serial number of your laptop?

--------------------------------------------------
I don't exactly remember what I downloaded because it was a while ago
HP Stream Laptop 14-ax0XX
Product number: X7S46UA#ABA
Serial Number: 5CD814091Y

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I don't exactly remember what I downloaded because it was a while ago
According to what you said in post #1, I don't believe you're being truthful.
HP Stream Laptop 14-ax0XX
Product number: X7S46UA#ABA
Serial Number: 5CD814091Y
According to that information, you have THIS HP Stream 14-ax010wm Notebook PC
It was purchased in May 2018 and came with Windows 10 Home 64-bit.

If the built-in system recovery feature in it no longer works, you can purchase the 16 GB USB recovery kit for it from HERE.
It can also be purchased from HERE.

-------------------------------------------------

cwwozniak

Chuck
Khaithefry, I moved your thread from the Photography and Imaging forum to our Windows 10 Forum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts