1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop won't connect to any Wi-Fi, only mobile hotspot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by monterico, May 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. monterico

monterico Thread Starter

I have a Toshiba Satellite C55t-C5300. For the last two weeks, I have been unable to connect to any Wi-Fi network. I only have internet access when I connect my laptop to my phone via the mobile hotspot. When I press the Wi-Fi button it says "No Wi-Fi networks found" and when I run a diagnostic, the troubleshooter says there's a "Problem with the wireless adapter or access point". I have tried resetting, disabling, uninstalling, and re-installing the Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter several times, but it still doesn't work. I have disabled my anti-virus software, I'm not using a VPN. I have run out of options and I have no money to have the computer looked at and "repaired". I am using Windows 10.

If anyone can offer any assistance, please do! I am desperate for answers!

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
  3. monterico

monterico Thread Starter

Yes I've seen that page. No help. That's where I reinstalled the driver from. It's definitely Broadcom on my device, but I was thinking of maybe uninstalling and trying a different one? Not sure if that'll mess me up or not.

4. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Save the driver you currently have on a USB stick. Then select "roll back driver" and see what version it loads.
    Try it and see if it improves anything.

5. monterico

monterico Thread Starter

It doesnt give me the option to roll back the driver.

6. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Sorry, I have no more ideas.

7. metallica5456

metallica5456 Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Andrew
    After reinstalling and enabling/disabling and it still not working, I would say your adapter has failed/died. "No networks found" likely indicates it has malfunctioned as well.

Your best bet is to simply install a USB wireless adapter, however you do have the option, if you're comfortable opening the laptop's rear panel of replacing the built-in wireless access card.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1190671

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice