1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop won't connect to my Router

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Shawn40, Jul 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Shawn40

Shawn40 Thread Starter

Hi guys,
    My Dell won't connect to my router, it will connect to other routers but I have always had problems connecting to my router at home. My Wireless card isn't turned off...and other devices like my PS3 and Ipod will connect to my router, my laptop is the only thing I can't get to connect....If you guys could help I would really appreciate it...Thank you.

2. pedroguy

pedroguy

Welcome to TSG:
    May we see:
    Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
    (For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
    Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

And you are not using MAC Address filtering on the router? What encryption?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1008362