laptop wont connect to unsecured wifi

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

beyondmad

I have a dell insperon laptop with windows xp. i connect to the church's wifi across the street last night my connection ended and I am unable to reconnect. the connection is through linksys and is an unsecured wireless network but it keeps saying unable to connected to linksys

etaf

Wayne
have you switched off the router for 5-15 minutes and then on again - see if you can gain access

anything changed on the router settings

beyondmad

Yes i shut off my laptop last night and tried again this morn... And what do mean by router settings would that be on my side or the churches? I have been online on my phone 4 hours now trying anything I could but still can't connect. I just can't understand why I can't connect to an unsecured wifi network when it showing up as an available network

beyondmad

No nothing has changed on their side and they didn't put a password on it because its its still showing unsecured network

etaf

Wayne
are other people able to use it OK, maybe a faulty router

have you switched the router off as recommended ?

plodr

Liz
Unsecured doesn't mean it is not password protected; it means the traffic is not encrypted.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online