1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop won't connect to wireless internet

Discussion in 'Networking' started by MelindaaaaG, Nov 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MelindaaaaG

MelindaaaaG Thread Starter

My laptop, Dell inspiron m5030, for some reason has stopped connecting to my wireless Internet, yet my iPad can. I have tried dissconnecting from the Internet and connecting again but it just keeps saying it can't, Even the troubleshooting diagnoses doesn't help,and I have already tried disconnecting the wireless Ethernet from the outlet and restarted it but,it doesn't help. I really need to get my laptop to start connecting to the Internet fully today! Please Help!

2. MelindaaaaG

I really need help with my Dell Inspiron m5030, it won't connect to the wireless Ethernet. It's been this way for more than a month now and I really need it to work. It starts connecting to the Internet,but doesn't connect fully. I have tried all the diagnosis from troubleshooting and haven't gotten anywhere, I'm not so good with fixing this type if stuff and I've already restarted the ethernet box and restarted my computer a million times, and nothing helps. Please,Any help? :eek:

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Please do not start multiple threads on the same topic. I've merged them here.

Please describe your network beginning with your ISP and type of service and include the brand and model of any modem, router, switch, etc., and how the devices are interconnected.

4. MelindaaaaG

I'm not sure what an ISP is but I currently have AT&T Internet. And the router(?) is labeled 3801HGV, not sure if that's the model. But my laptop and the Internet box are not connected by any cables because I have wireless internet

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    AT&T does offer mobile wireless, but the 3801HGV is a DSL modem/wireless (Wi-Fi) router combo, so I will assume that you actually have DSL service with AT&T as your ISP.

Does the laptop successfully connect by ethernet?

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector and show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
    (For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
    Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

6. MelindaaaaG

I got it:) Thank you! :D

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028856

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice