Laptop Won't Load Windows-DVD-Rom/HDD problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

reddangryaga

My laptop will not load Windows XP. When Windows XP tries to load, it says that a system file is corrupted or missing...which I suspect is a virus. It then says to restart and put in the Setup disc and press r for repairs, and then the laptop restarts whenever you press any button. My problem is that the DVD drive on my laptop is dead so there is no way I can do this. I have a external usb cd-drive but I do not know how to configure my bios to load the usb drive without first loading windows, because it is not listed in the boot selection list. Any Ideas??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online