1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop Won't Run on Battery

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by some1kool, Jul 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. some1kool

some1kool Thread Starter

Computer: HP Omnibook 6100
    Windows 2000

I have been having trouble with my battery for about two weeks. It would say it would be charged and then 20 minutes later, the laptop would shut off without notice. Now the problem is that the laptop does not charge the battery anymore. Someone at work has the same laptop and I took their working battery and put it into mine. It stated on the battery it was half full, but when I put it in my laptop it would not turn on without the AC power. When I plug the AC power it the laptop works fine, but does not charge the battery nor does it stay on if I take the AC plug out. It says "Charging" on the taskbar but stays at the same percent. Sometimes it just switches to AC Power. What could be the matter?

2. obvious

obvious

i'd say that the battery is kaput. gone. dead. nomore. it is an EX-BATTERY. (end shamless monty python impression :rolleyes: )

no really, i'd say it's about time you got a new battery as it sounds like it's on it's way out.

3. PunkPyro912

PunkPyro912

the battery cant be dead because he tried another battery and had the same problem. At least its very unlikely that both batteries had problems with them. I'd say that it's your battery charger. See if you can borrow one of those and let us know how it all works out.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/377022

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice