1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop wont stop rebooting!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by LaptopC, Jan 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LaptopC

LaptopC Thread Starter

Okay so I have a Toshiba Satelite Laptop running Windows XP Pofessional. (Thats all the specs I can get since it wont boot up and allow me to get detailed specs). Long story shor tthe laptop worked fine as I had used it for work I recently had a problem where it froze and Ctrl Alt Delete wouldnt bring up the task manager so I just held the power buttin to power it down... and then that's when the trouble started. After this I go to start it again it goes through the normal start up sequence but then it says that Windows was not shut down properly and gives me the option to restart normally, in safe mode or with the last none configurations that worked. I have tried all of them and the only result is it reboots back to the Toshiba screen and then back to ways I can start it again and even when I shut it down it powers back up and tries to reboot starting the same problem all over again. Any ideas how to fix this??

Thanks In Advance,

Chris

2. KASAWARII

KASAWARII

I had a similar situation with one of my clients and this is what I did to solve the problem.

1. You need a copy of the WinXP CD
    2. Insert it into the CD/DVD drive
    3. Enter BIOS setup and change the boot order to CD to get your system to boot from CD. I assume you
    know how else read about it here:

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/ss/bootorderchange.htm

4. Quickly hit any Key when prompted to boot from CD
    5. Let it boot up and when you are Given the options to
    install Windows now press enter
    to repair windows press R etc....You must press R to repair

6. In the recovery console (should be a black screen) Type: chkdsk /r and let it run
    7. once it is done type exit
    8. eject your CD and let the system reboot itself

Hope that works..it did for me. All the best.:D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086557

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice