1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop won't turn on after apply thermal heat

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mhoang2, Aug 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mhoang2

mhoang2 Thread Starter

Yesterday I decided to open my laptop and apply thermal heat due to the temperature. However, after applied the thermal paste and put everything back on, my laptop won't turn on. I applied the thermal paste on two spots were CPU and Nvidia chipset.
    Its only showed me the lights indicated that the power was plugged in. I didn't hear any beep sound and I'm not sure if the HDD was running or not :(
    Please help...
    p/s: i have a Asus G51J

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Where, exactly, did you apply it? It should only be between the chip and the heat-sink. And only the very smallest amount should be used since it does not conduct heat very well.

3. mhoang2

mhoang2 Thread Starter

I applied it between the chip and the heat-sink, and also, when I open the laptop while is running, the graphic fan didn't run for some reason...

4. mhoang2

mhoang2 Thread Starter

Pls help :((

5. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Taking a laptop apart is complicated. There are lots of small plastic parts and tiny screws. Everything must be connected again exactly as it was. I have no idea how would even turn a laptop on while it was apart.

Double check every single connection. It's also possible you shorted something out while you were disassembling it. You removed the battery when you were working on it, right?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1063796