1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop won't turn on properly

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by EddaU, Jan 9, 2018.

Advertisement
  1. EddaU

EddaU Thread Starter

Now I have an external drive so I'm ready to make backup of my files. Just need the instructions :)

2. dckeks

dckeks

First Name:
    Darrin
  3. EddaU

EddaU Thread Starter

Ok I'm a little lost in this.... I have downloaded this Micrum Reflect on another computer, because I cant get access to my broken one....
    I have an empty external drive and can't find out what to do next!

4. dckeks

dckeks

First Name:
    Darrin
  5. EddaU

EddaU Thread Starter

I will look into that, takes some time to read through...

But I was wandering about the Reset option. If I decide to reset the computer with the keep my files option, can I be sure my files will still be there after resetting??

6. dckeks

dckeks

First Name:
    Darrin
    Its not to difficult. Part of thhr instructions are getting the USB ready which may not be needed.

Yes, if you perform a reset with keep files option it should save all your data. However, you should always have a backup just in case.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1202587