1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop won't turn on

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by vectra_xxx, Mar 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. vectra_xxx

vectra_xxx Thread Starter

Well I just got my new Acer Travelmate 7720 yesterday and already it feels like it's dead! I used it briefly last night and this morning and then this afternoon I tried to turn it on and the power light came on but not the 'disk' light and the computer eventually switched off. After I left it a while it turned on again, and then switched off after a period of time. It's not getting too hot (on a desk, fan working, no high temps). If I try to boot it again too soon after it crashing it won't start and then if I leave it a while it will start and die after 5 mins or so. It feels like a fried motherboard, but it's only a day old! And hasn't been plugged into the AC at the time of a power surge. It actually got rather hot last night but nothing happened and then today this happened despite no issues with temprature???????

2. 2twenty2

2twenty2

Since this is a new laptop you should contact Acer about the problem or return it to the place where you purchased it.

3. jazz3000

jazz3000

If you purchased it at a store take it back to them and ask for an exchange. They'll take it back and send it back to the manufacturer. Systems don't do that when their brand new without being screwed up from the get go. Let us know...Jazz

4. vectra_xxx

Yeh cos thing is, even if the fan wasn't working or something and it overheated, surely it should have switched off when it was getting too hot, before it damaged anything. I really don't know what happened to it. I'm hoping the distributor will exchange it, but more than likely I'm going to have to go through the Acer rigmarole. I'm just hoping they fix it properly or replace it without messing around (wishful thinking).

5. jazz3000

jazz3000

It was put together incorrectly and someone missed something. Their human beings at the other end to. Let us know how it goes. Jazz

6. vectra_xxx

Sorted. Acer replaced the laptop today.

7. jazz3000

jazz3000

And there ya go...Problem solved and your on your way. Glad to hear it. Jazz

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/698227

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice