Laptop won't work... power light just blinks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mendax

I doubt anyone here remembers, but I made a topic here last month regarding a laptop I was attempting to fix. Basically, someone spilt soda over it and tried to repair it, but after that failed he gave it to me and told me that if I could fix it, I could keep it.

At that point, the problem was when I turned it on, the screen would stay black, but I could hear noises and the power light slowly flashed. I noticed that there was no memory in it though, and since the issues seemed to reflect that, I decided to buy some ram and hope that it was going to be my only problem.

Well, unfortunatly, it wasn't. Now the problem has changed that the power light flashes faster than before, but the screen still remains blank.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem may be?

EDIT: On a second test, it appers that the flashing is the same speed as before. Also, when I attempt to turn it on, the ligh will stay on for a second and I can almost hear the laptop starting up, but that stops when the light begins to blink.

Mendax

Bump.

I just tried it again and the light was blinking fast again.

Last night I tried opening it up, but I couldn't really find any obvious problem. I noticed though, that everything in there was perfectly clean and I found no evidence of anything being spilt inside. :rolleyes: I guess it was just water.

Oh, whoops, I forgot to mention it's a Dell Inspiron 1100.

Well, I had a customer that had that exact problem with that exact model laptop. We couldn't find anything else wrong with it other than the motherboard, so looks like he might want to get a new laptop. Or, you can see what you can find on Ebay, but BUYER BEWARE.

If soda was spilled on it and it doesn't work, the odds are the motherboard is shorted or at the very least the keyboard is and I doubt it would be worth repairing.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online