1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

laptops collided and now i need a new screen... how much is it gonna run me ***pic***

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Nakiru, Jul 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Nakiru

Nakiru Thread Starter

my laptop fell on my boyfriends laptop and this is what happened. how much is it gonna cost to get a new screen?

[​IMG]

2. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

Ouch!!! I am surprised it lights up at all. I have no idea but calling HP would be a good place to start.

I am sorry this happened to you. :(

3. EasY_TargeT

EasY_TargeT

its going to cost you a lot of apologies, and maybe some more. But to help you more we would need to know the make/model of the laptop.

4. Nakiru

Nakiru Thread Starter

it's an HP Pavilion ZE4300

5. Mulderator

Mulderator

The thread title kind of made me think of that song "You and I . . . collide!" ;)

6. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I hope he's an understanding guy! :D

7. Mulderator

Mulderator

How old is it? You may be better off with a new laptop as the LCDs are quite expensive--I don't think it can be fixed, you'll have to replace the LCD. You can continue to use it as a desktop, in any event, so long as you have it attached to an external monitor.

8. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge

My experience is that laptop replacement screens usually cost so much that replacement of the laptop is more feasible.

Last time I actually inquired about one, it was when laptiops were $1600 for a decent up-to-date one and the replacement screen was $750.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/486068

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice