Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Laptop's display black after Asus boot screen

885 views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  Macboatmaster 
#1 ·
OK, first off I believe this is a Windows 10 problem, if It's not then I apologize.

My laptop screen is not working, I get the ASUS logo when I turn the laptop on, but then the screen just goes black. I usually connect the laptop to a separate monitor and that shows windows, so the laptop itself is working fine, but the monitor is not and stays off regardless of the settings I use on the monitor project settings.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I do not know if someone else can determine exactly what you mean but I am confused
Your thread title is

Laptop screen not working
but in your post you say
My laptop screen is not working, I get the ASUS logo when I turn the laptop on, but then the screen just goes black. I usually connect the laptop to a separate monitor and that shows windows, so the laptop itself is working fine, but the monitor is not and stays off regardless of the settings I use on the monitor project settings.
so are you saying that AFTER the Asus logo, both the laptop display AND the external monitor, do not then show any display
OR are you saying that after the ASUS logo the laptop screen does not shown any display, and the external monitor is OK

TRY disconnecting external monitor
then on powering on laptop
press the Windows logo key
, the Ctrl key, the Shift key and B at the same time.

This could be a driver issue, the Asus logo is displayed using the basic graphics driver and after that the Windows driver is used

I suggest if the key combo does not work, your next step would be to boot to recovery on windows 10 advanced trouble shooting startup settings and select SAFE mode with networking or low resolution mode - these may also allow the display to function using a basic graphic driver.
(1) Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10 | Tutorials (tenforums.com)
The link is from another site I work on and will provide you with the full guide as to how to boot to advanced startup
I suggest you try
option 6
and then proceed if you get to recovery as shown at the images at the start of the link
startup settings
safe mode with networking and if that does not work
low resolution mode

IF neither works or you cannot get to recovery we can proceed further when you reply,

#4 ·
TRY disconnecting external monitor
then on powering on laptop
press the Windows logo key
, the Ctrl key, the Shift key and B at the same time.
Have you tried this, after windows loads albeit of course it is a blank screen

#9 ·
#3 ·
No, sorry for any confusion. The external monitor works fine. Shows everything. The laptop monitor does not, it shows the ASUS logo when starting up the laptop, then nothing. I have tried disconnecting the external monitor and the HDMI cable. I have tried changing the project settings to all available options. None of these work. I will attempt the boot in safe/low-res mode and will let you know how it works out tomorrow. Much thanks :D

#8 · (Edited)
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 19042, Installed 20210228003141.000000+000
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 142 Stepping 11, CPU Count: 8
Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
Graphics Card: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620, 1024 MB
Hard Drives: C: 475 GB (210 GB Free); D: 3725 GB (2518 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. UX533FD, ver 1.0, s/n N0CV1845MB0007400
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver _ASUS_ - 1072009, s/n JCN0CV14046252C
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

How do I restart in Low Res Mode?

#11 ·
Go here on another computer
Download Intel® Graphics - Windows® DCH Drivers
on the left hand column download the exe file -
igfx_win_100.9684.exe
save it to a USB pen

Now back on the Asus
Go back to Safe Mode
and when in safe mode go to device manager
In device manager expand dispay adapters
you should see the Intel UHD620
right click and then click uninstall device
on the window that opens click to check delete driver software

RESTART the laptop
it should load a windows basic driver for the graphics when it finds the new hardware
Insert the USB pen and run the exe file to install the driver that you downloaded from Intel

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.