1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop's HDD not detected

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by phenom588, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phenom588

phenom588 Thread Starter

Hello, last night I went to turn on my laptop but when I did I was brought to a Windows Error Recovery screen from which I could choose to either launch startup repair or start windows normally. Eventually both options lead to Windows loading files and bringing me to a screen with 2 more options. One I can choose the HDD/Operating system but there is nothing to choose. I can also choose to restore my computer using a system image, but none of the options given have helped me other than identifying that the HDD was the problem. I can also load drivers which brings me to the system 32 folder in my X: drive. I have no idea how to fix this, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. AstroNut

AstroNut

Have you checked the cable connection to the hard drive? I have a Panasonic Toughbook and sometimes it won't find the hard drive and I have to remove and replace the cable to the drive and then it works?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083748

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice