1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptops: HP vs Sony vs Toshiba

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by FuzzyWuzzy, Sep 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FuzzyWuzzy

FuzzyWuzzy Thread Starter

Which do you like best and why? who do you think makes the best. Im really considering upgrading my toshiba satellite to a sony vaio (something thinner and lighter) and doesnt creak, grrr. Which brand is known to have the best overall build quality / construction? Meaning solid as a friggin tank, meaning doesnt have air gaps on the keypad or anywhere and when you squeeze parts like around the screen or the sides when its closed, that the pplastic doenst squeak or creak. Basically something that is tuff. Meaning solid as hell.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I'll give you $500 on the spot for your Toshiba. :D

3. rosh325

rosh325

Hey Fuzzy,
    While I dont know if it still holds, I can tell you my own story. Around 3 or 4 years ago I bought a vaio pcg-f630 laptop. While it seemed expensive, as most sonys are, I got a solid 3-4 years out of it. In fact, I died this summer when the ballbearings on the system fan wore down, leading to overheating. I laughed only because my friend with his fancy/expensive dell started having problems the second week he got his and needed a new motherboard. The only complaint I have with Sony is their tech support. Since they are well built, you shouldnt even need tech support, but if you do, good luck with that. I tried to get help from them when I upgraded from ME to XP, and all i got was limited service. Other than that though, Vaio's are solid/beautiful machines

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/274474

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice