1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop's mouse cursor has a life of it's own!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Zachary, Apr 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Zachary

Zachary Thread Starter

hey guys....got a problem with my laptop (old school Toshiba PT831C-1104L Tecra S1)

only recently has it begun to act up....the problem is the mouse cursor...it just goes off on it's own....i have no control of it...sometimes the mouse cursor goes to the top left corner, or the bottom right or just to the right or left.....i can try and use the mouse to bring the cursor back, but it goes right back to the corner it was at before.

the funny thing is that if you give it time, it will 'release' and I can once again use the mouse normally.....but this lasts only a few seconds and then the cursor is off doing it's thing again

thsi problem just started out of the blue...i had just come back from a 3wk vacation and within that week, it was going nuts..

i've tried all the USB ports on the unit, as well as three different mice, even tried to upgrade the driver for the mouse.....device manager shows no conflict as well...they all don't make a difference

even as i type this post, the mouse is going nuts!

any ideas?

i'm running XP SP2, and the laptop is just for general use...web surfing and ms office stuff.

tx

Zach

2. Sponsor

3. Zachary

Zachary Thread Starter

4. Zachary

Zachary Thread Starter

anyone?

5. goodfellow10

goodfellow10

Zachary...my laptop has the same cursor problem...did you ever get it fixed??

6. Addiead0725

Addiead0725

It might not be an issue with your mouse. It might be a problem in the touchpad of the laptop.

Although you have a mouse attached through USB, the touchpad is sill active. I am not too familiar with laptop settings, but I advise you to find the particular setting for the touchpad and disable it if you are able to.

I am almost certain this should fix your issue, but I won't make any promises. Try going to Google.com and searching how to disable the touchpad on your particular laptop. It should be the same for all laptops though.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/564390