Laptops that support two hard disks?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Alex Ethridge

Anyone know if there are any laptops out there that support 48-bit addressing and support two hard disks?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Never saw one, since the whole point of a laptop is size. Also, the largest 2.5" drives right now are at 100mb, LBA48 hasn't been a factor for laptops yet.

Obviously, you can add an external USB disk, I have a 60gig USB 2.5" drive that's not much larger than the 2.5" disk itself, it travels with my laptop. If you're needing more storage, any USB hard disk will connect to the laptop, I've connected my 300gig USB drive to the laptop, works fine.

Alex Ethridge

Thanks for the reply.

My intent is for a different purpose. I need to remove hard disks from other computers and scan them for viruses, etc. In some cases with USB enclosures, the hard disks either aren't recognized at all or are recognized as unformatted. Taking the disk to a desktop at another location and connecting it directly to an IDE or SATA always works out OK.

It was just a wild idea.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online