1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptops that won't connect

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ckatfix, Jul 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ckatfix

ckatfix Thread Starter

There are two lap tops in my office that I do the technical support for, they are HP nc6000 that run XP Pro. They are supose to connect and unconnect to the network here in the office when the users need to take them on location. The problem we are having that no one can figure out is, everytime the users bring the lap tops back in the office and attempt to reconnect to the network with them I have to go in a re-map the drives. I have tried to update the nic card drivers, that didn't work. I have asked both users if they are shutting down in the field properly and they say they are (going thru the start menu, shutting down from there). (thinking that that may have something to do with it) At this point I don't have a clue what could be the problem and I am getting sick of having to remap those drives...

Any help, suggestions, advice I would be greatful for.....

could the problem be they are just old laptops?

2. Striker840

Striker840

Do you have separate hardware profiles set up on these laptops?
    1 for the field and 1 for the office?

3. ckatfix

ckatfix Thread Starter

no..there is not...

edit to add: I forgot to tell you, the drives on the laptops are able to connect when I go in under my admin. account on the computer, log in then reboot the computer, then the user will get their drives under their account with their user ID number.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/593647

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice