1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptor Hard-Drive Connected through Adapter is Corrupt and not accessible

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by shuhratm, Nov 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. shuhratm

shuhratm Thread Starter

Im lost. please help me with this.
    My laptop died several month ago, but several days ago I found out that I can connect its hard-drive to any computer using a USB Adapter...
    I got the adapter, after working for several hours it started freezing...

What happened: when I was copying my files it freezed and didnt respond at all. I wanted to plug it out, but windows was saying that it cannot be stopped right now, cause a program is still accessing it. (no program was on). So... when I couldnt stop it, i just plugged it it out.

after pluging it out, it stopped working. Windows (XP) recognizes the drive, though, when I want to open it, it says the "folder or file is not accessible and corrupt"...

I cant even checkdisk it, cause it says the access is denied.

I was looking for solutiong the whole day already and didnt find none.

Please help me! I dont want to loose my files. They are my history. all my life is in there..

Thanks in advance.

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    why did the laptop die - do you know - it may have been the drive was corrupt and for some of the system files already and now its just continue to fail.

have you been getting any clicking or other noises from the drive

3. shuhratm

shuhratm Thread Starter

I wish... if it would have been the hard drive, i would have fixed it already by just buying a new hd. However, laptop died not because of the hd, but because of some power supply thing inside. I was trying to fix this problem for almost a month, couldnt and then let it go. My laptop died in January...
    The hard drive doesnt make any extra noise, except its regulat sound, which is pretty quiet...

Thanks for suggestion etaf, but I'm still lost...

4. Hughv

Hughv

Try running chkdsk from Safe Mode or Recovery console.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/647556

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice