1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

large FPS and performance drop and stuttering sound often when playing games

Discussion in 'Games' started by zinkovski, Sep 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. zinkovski

zinkovski Thread Starter

hello everyone, hope this is the right place to post this. if not, i apologise.

i am having some seriously annoying problem with my laptop i can't seem to figure out the cause of.
    every certain set of minutes... in between 5 and 10 my laptop slows down tremendously. i don't know if this only occurs when i'm playing games or not, but i notice it heavily when in a game. my frame rates drop from say 40 to 12-15, heavy stuttering occurs and speakers start making very weird "scraping" sounds.

could anyone please help?

regards

2. Megabite

Megabite

does the laptop feel very warm?

3. zinkovski

zinkovski Thread Starter

on the contrary, it is probably less warm than it used to be... it is usually hottest top left of the keyboard, where the power cord is plugged in. but no, it is not hot at all.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/863947