1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

laser jet printer hp III

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jpg, Jun 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jpg

jpg Thread Starter

HI,
    I have an old hp laser printer III. It does not pick the paper correctly from the tray. Somebody told me to change the rollers.
    I have a few questions?
    Where can I buy these parts?
    How to change the input rollers?
    Where can I buy toner for this printers?

Thank you.

2. SexyTech

SexyTech

Hi there and Welcome to TSG!

If you are looking for replacement parts or roller kits, the best place to start would be www.hp.com

you can prolly order anything you need from there.

Another option is to see if there's an HP authorized repair center near you. they would surely be able to get the parts and tell you/help you with the roller kit!

3. Lurker1

Lurker1

Hi jpg

For the feed rollers you need a Separation Pad Part# RG1-0932-000CN) and a Feed roller assembly Part # RG1-0931-000CN
    Note these are old numbers.

If you are not comfortable taking lots of assemblies out of the printer I would suggest you not do this. The feed roller assembly requires taking off the front/main cover and working your way down to the feed roller assembly. It isn't too hard once you know how to do it. Try HP first or one of the parts resellers that are one the web for parts.

You can also find toner online or try calling your local office supply (Stapes, Office Max) BOL

4. jpg

jpg Thread Starter

I took the roller assembly out. I removed the plastic casing, then the high power supply, then the laser assembly. I removed the roller assembly from the front ( paper tray hole).
    Is this the right way to perform this job?
    Do you know if the roller is available by itself and not with the whole assembly? It should be cheaper. I do not think that the rest of the assembly is warned.

Thank you

5. ajdupont

ajdupont

jpg, at one time HP was offering a free kit for their laser printers that were having "multiple feed" problems. I got one from them about 8 months ago for my HP. It's a newer one but I know some people who got the free kits for the HP Laser III printers. You might want to check that out at HP.

ajdupont

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/82692

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice