1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laser Printer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by benmp3master, May 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. benmp3master

benmp3master Thread Starter

I just got a Lexmark Optra R+. When printing it will print good but it has lines going across the page. What could be causing this? Old toner? Thanks

2. wacpt

wacpt

Yes. Try replacing the toner cartridge and also check the drum for scratching

3. benmp3master

benmp3master Thread Starter

Where is the drum? I dont think it is scrathing. The lines are uniform and straight acros the page. About a 1/4 in wide line. Very light. Thanks

4. wacpt

wacpt

The drum can be either part of the toner cartridge or a seperate roller visible when you remove the toner cartridge.

Check you handbook for details on where the drum is.

If this problem has only just started happening, replace the toner cartridge first

5. codejockey

codejockey

Before you replace the toner cartridge, you might try removing it and shaking it from side to side; this redistributes the toner material and may solve your problem (think Etch-a-Sketch). I use this method routinely to extend the life of my toner cartridges. If there's no change, you are out only a little time and effort; if it solves the problem, you have a little more time to save for that new cartridge (which you will need eventually, and the banded lines may be telling you that). You might also check any rollers, to make sure they are clean.

Hope this helps.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/80007

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice