1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

last check - did I get it all?

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Joshu_awesome, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joshu_awesome

Joshu_awesome Thread Starter

Hello, My computers been running slowly for a bit now. and more curious, it will crash at random intervals claiming something of a memory dump. I'm not sure what was going on as I believe lately there was a new problem that overshadowed an older one.

I've checked through all your steps to check for malware, and various other sites on cleaning stuff and followed all their instructions to a T. I've cleaned my hard drive and defragmented my computer using "Smart Defrag" and "CCleaner" I've just removed a vundo virus (which i believe to be causing the newer problems) with "malwarebytes' anti-malware" and I am currently running "malwarebytes' anti-malware" and "spybot - search and destroy" Now I'll report any crashes and funny business from this point on.

To go into a little more detail, before I had roomates using my computer :)mad:) I still had problems with my computer crashing. sometimes it wouldn't give me a problem for a few days. then sometimes it wouldnt be albe to fully load to windows before crashing.
    I could usually slow the crashing (sometimes for long periods of time) by shutting down a svchost.exe process (usually running 15,000kb plus) or by removing any anti-virus programs I was using. along with cutting down on memory using programs.

I also have a second hard drive that when I try and connect it (in any hardware or bios configuration i've tried) windows will not load. this was a problem a long time ago, and I've currently decided to just not connect my second HD untill I've got everything else fixed.

I havent experianced any crashes for the last several hours, and haven't had any popups ect. However I am worried that the crashes may come back. So I was wondering if there was an underlying problem, or if everything looks good as far as my hijackthis log.

I am also doing a current anti-malware scan log which I will post within the next two hours.

2. Joshu_awesome

Joshu_awesome Thread Starter

kay, had a shower and came back and the computer was on, (yay) malware scan returned:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758906

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice