1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Last day with old computer NEW computer tommorow!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Rouglead, Oct 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rouglead

Rouglead Thread Starter

So tomorrow i will be buying all the parts i need for the build.

I have planed this out for months and you guys have really helped me make sure that everything is correct!

However as a final day this is the day where any mistakes can be cleared up for good.

So the final parts list!

Its a picture this time with the links below.

Discription----------Names------------------.Total
    CPU----------Duo Processor E8400---------- $189.95
    RAM----------Patriot Extreme Performance----------...$99.95
    DVD----------LG Super Multi Security DVD----$32.95
    Hard Drive----Western Digital 640GB----------$79.95
    PSU----------Corsair TX 650W---------------.$79.95
    Case---------ANTEC P180 Advanced----------$139.85
    Video Card---.HIS Radeon HD 4870----------..$274.95
    MotherBoard-.Asus P5Q-E--------------------$179.95
    CPU Fan-----.Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 --------$29.95
    Vista--------.Windows Vista Premium---------$124.95

TOTAL------------------------------$1,232.40

Ram Choice 2 Options

A) i could go with the Patriot Extreme Performance http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/PID-MX20266(ME).aspx

B) What you guys suggested: OCZ 4GB PC2-6400 http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/PID-MX17040(ME).aspx

one is 800mhz and the other is 1200mhz, i know that 1200mhz will work better for my motherboard but i am still not sure.

Thanks a lot for all your help!

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

For the ram, I would make sure it appears on the asus qvl list. When you buy ram that is not on the list, it may work or it may not. You are in effect a beta tester.

Next there are two different 8400 cpu. One requires a later bios than the other. I would make sure of what stepping cpu you are buying AND the board has at least that bios or later. If you have an old cpu that you can use to flash the bios, then it is not a problem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759330

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice