1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Last try to sync Outlook and iCloud contacts

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by cuttlefish, Jul 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cuttlefish

cuttlefish Thread Starter

First Name:
    Ian
    Yep, I've been trying for over 12 months to get my contacts in MS Office 365 to sync with iCloud contacts!

I have Googled the world, been there dun that with never-ending suggestions but am no closer to solving the problem, assuming it is solvable!

I've been into iCloud contacts, Selected All contacts, exported as a Vcard, imported into Outlook but all it does out of 165 contacts is the very first one but ........ the saved Vcard file happily says 165 contacts contained herein, but there ain't, just the very first one starting with an A.

Maybe it can only be done one by one and not as a Group?

I vaguely recall way back in earlier Windows versions - like 5+ years ago - I had no problem with it then, so maybe I'm missing a step but trust me, I have tried every single trick suggested to me, all to no avail!

MS says "its easy....... yeh!

Any advice much appreciated!

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Each vcard is one single contact. You have to do it one by one. You lucky Apple owner. Complain to Apple - see if they care to listen; you paid mega bucks for it.

3. cuttlefish

First Name:
    Ian
    Ummmmm, I really didn’t want to hear that!!

So, if I start down that laborious path and do them all one by one, will that mean they will ALL stay synced in future or is there another step I have to take to achieve this ....... kinda losing interest at the moment!

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

Importing vcards is a one time event. The imported vcards do not sync with anything. Vcard is a platform independent means of moving a contact from one device to another.

5. cuttlefish

First Name:
    Ian
    I see there are "supposedly" some IOS Apps out there that do this syncing bit but the couple I've tried are all hopeless. oh well thanks anyway, much appreciated!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!