Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Late 2015 refurbished iMac -wire to digitize cassette tapes?

Solved 
653 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  kerawl 
#1 ·
Hi techies,
I have the above computer, now running on Big Sur, version 11.2.2. I want to transfer some cassette tapes to digital with the help of Audacity and possibly this wire available on Amazon will do that? (See Amazon site link: https://www.amazon.ca/Players-Recor...k+with+usb+male+to+male&qid=1614886788&sr=8-6.) Note here's no line-in or mic port on my iMac, just a headphone output. Oh, the cassette player I have is a Sony CD/Radio/Cassette player (CFD-S05, year 2010), which has a headphone output.
Thanks in advance!
kerawl

#3 ·
Thanks lunarlander (cool name). I saw a video tutorial where the guy used a headphone jack on one end plugged into the cassette player output, with the other end of the wire going into the computer's line-in via a headphone jack also at that end. He simply pressed play on the cassette player and then record on Audacity, controlling the recording level with the cassette's volume control. Now, wouldn't one of the USB ports on the Mac work as a line-in? After all, one can transfer video with sound and various file types to the Mac via USB. The Amazon wire has a headphone jack at one end and a USB on the other, so....just wondering about that. Perhaps I'll need a digitizer device?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.