Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latency and DPC issues

553 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  zebanovich 
#1 ·
I have been having some issues with system interrupts and from what I can tell it may be an issue with latency or DPC I'm not sure what to do with this information though any help would be great.

Attachments

#2 ·
I have been having some issues with system interrupts...
Hello, please describe how you experience these issues?
Which operating system/hardware components are not functioning as expected?

Is any hardware component overclocked/underclocked?
Have you modified BIOS settings?

First step is to bring hardware components to normal levels, and reset BIOS to defaults.
Then make your measurements again and see if there is a change.

#3 ·
I have been having issues with my CPU being overloaded with a system interrupts. This ususaly leads to a very high CPU temp which causes issues such as freezing and crashing. I have never changed my BOIS settings before I did go in and load to optimal settings but it hasn't helped any.

#4 ·
The only problem I see in your log is high ISR with "audio bus driver", one may think this is not normal but it really depends on how computer is used.

I did some research for my own interests and understanding and it looks like high ISR for audio is well known behavior and not such a big deal.

You said to have high CPU usage/interrupts/overheating problem, there are many reasons for this, the worst one being having a currency miner.

I'm not driver latency expert, so can't give you direct solution, except some basic troubleshooting steps you can perform with the hope to if not fix then at least figure out the problem, or you can wait until someone gives you a more direct answer.

If you're fine with this please follow bellow steps to generate system information file:

1. Click on Windows button
2. Type msinfo32 on your kyeboard
3. Right click on "System Information" and Run as Administrator
4. If asked for password enter your password and click OK
5. Click on: File -> Save...
6. Save the file to your desktop or to C:\ drive directly
8. Zip up the file and attach to your reply

For more information about msinfo32 tool see bellow link:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...of-microsoft-system-information-msinfo32-tool

Please also answer:
1. When was your Windows last time reinstalled?
2. Do you experience this problem while gaming only or all the time?

Following is a list of software one should avoid to prevent unexpected system behavior,
these programs are known to cause trouble and are usually designed to feed you with
false information with the goal to draw money from you, to expose your privacy or
to manipulate your system without consent:

1. Registry, disk or system cleaners
2. Driver download or updater tools
3. System tweak tools or system optimizers
4. Various malware/adware removal tools or scanners
5. Program/driver uninstallers
6. Browser extensions of questionable reputation
7. Various "fix" tools that claim to fix some problem

If you installed anything that matches the list above, please remove from system
and reboot computer.

If there is a problem removing one of these then this is a good signal that
the program in question did indeed bad things, do not attempt to download additional
tools that claim to remove them without first consulting with support person.

#6 ·
Drivers for your system are 3 years out of date, during that time Microsoft may have released many braking changes via Windows update:
https://www.msi.com/Laptop/support/GS73VR-7RG-Stealth-Pro#down-driver

Because of this, I assume you may have looked for alternative sources which mostly makes things go bad.
Please review my list above and confirm it doesn't match your case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.