1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Latency rises radically with multiple simultaneous connections

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Shrooms, Dec 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shrooms

Shrooms Thread Starter

Hello

I've been trying to figure this one out for quite a while now with no avail. My desktop computer - Intel Core2 Q6600 quadcore 2,4ghz @ 2,9ghz, 2x2GB DDR2 800mhz, ATI Radeon 5750, 500 gig HDD, Asus P5KPL-VM mobo, Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, Thomson TG789vn router and all the latest drivers from hardware suppliers installed or tested on all hardware for whether they would fix the issue - has problems with latency and download speeds at intervals that seem pretty random. The issue would occur about once every 1-10 minutes whilst playing a game like League of Legends or Call of Duty if I were also simultaneously listening to music from Spotify and talking thru Skype. Spotify has the greatest impact on this I think. Also, any peer to peer software with more than 15-20 allowed simultaneous connections just about floods itself and my whole internet connection to something quite unusable. My download speed is 24Mb/s, upload 1Mb/s.

What I believe is not the cause is my router. My laptop has the same OS and doesn't have any trouble with multiple connections even while using the wireless feature of the router, so that seems to be out of the picture.

This problem has been around for a long while and I'm not absolutely sure about how or when it began. I'd guess it started since the end of last august. It might have been caused by a windows update. This problem didn't exist before that.

I'm not eager to format my HDD yet, though it might help all things considering. In hopes of getting some professional assistance with the issue, I'll leave that possible solution to a later date.

I thank you already for your time.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1081657

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice