1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Latest Chrome 5 beta is 35% faster

Discussion in 'Tech-Related News' started by ekim68, May 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ekim68

ekim68 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Mike
  2. oksteve

oksteve

thanks ekim, cool video...hope Chrome does roboform now

3. tomdkat

tomdkat Retired Trusted Advisor

Sweet! (y)

Peace...

4. new tech guy

new tech guy

Ive been thinking about switching my portable browser from chrome to ff from some time, as firefox has been bloated on there, i hope they make a portableapps port soon....

5. adnama54

adnama54

Debug Error:[Exception... "Node was not found" code: "8" nsresult: "0x80530008 (NS_ERROR_DOM_NOT_FOUND_ERR)" location: "chrome://ffebayhot/content/lib/Extension.debug.js Line: 366"]

6. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

What version is the beta?

5.x?

7. tomdkat

Yep. 4.x is GA on Windows and Mac OS X (I think). 5.x is in beta on Linux and in 32 and 64-bit versions. I run the 64-bit Linux native version alongside the 64-bit Linux native version of Chromium.

Peace...

8. closed1

closed1 Account Closed

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT chromium 6 got released a couple days ago. LOL

9. tomdkat

I'm talking about Google Chrome which is GA at version 4.x and in beta at version 5.x on Linux and Mac OS X (possibly).

Chromium is a different, standalone browser even though Google Chrome (among other browsers) are based on Chromium. :)

Since you mention Chromium 6 coming out, I've now got 64-bit Chromium 6.x and 64-bit Google Chrome 5.x installed on my Linux system now. :)

Have a great weekend!

Peace...

10. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

I didn't think you could download Chromium as a browser, i thought it was something you had to build yourself? Just a source code to build on.

http://www.chromium.org/Home

11. tomdkat

I run Ubuntu Linux and I originally got info on the 64-bit Linux Chromium browser from here. To get it installed on Ubuntu, I used an Ubuntu Personal Package Archive (PPA) which enables me to keep Chromium updated as new builds are released. These updates are done through the standard Ubuntu software update mechanism, so I'll pick up Chromium updates in addition to other Ubuntu updates. I got Google Chrome and keep it updated using the same method, but a different PPA.

I haven't looked for Chromium binaries for other platforms since I was mainly interested in trying out Google Chrome (and by accident Chromium) on Linux.

Attached are screenshots of Google Chrome 5.x 64-bit and Chromium 6 64-bit running on Ubuntu 10.04 64-bit Linux.

Peace...

Attached Files:

12. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

Thanks Tom

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/921252

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice