Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Chrome 5 beta is 35% faster

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Mumbodog 
#1 ·
#9 ·
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT chromium 6 got released a couple days ago. LOL
I'm talking about Google Chrome which is GA at version 4.x and in beta at version 5.x on Linux and Mac OS X (possibly).

Chromium is a different, standalone browser even though Google Chrome (among other browsers) are based on Chromium. :)

Since you mention Chromium 6 coming out, I've now got 64-bit Chromium 6.x and 64-bit Google Chrome 5.x installed on my Linux system now. :)

Have a great weekend!

Peace...

#11 ·
I didn't think you could download Chromium as a browser, i thought it was something you had to build yourself? Just a source code to build on.

http://www.chromium.org/Home

I run Ubuntu Linux and I originally got info on the 64-bit Linux Chromium browser from here. To get it installed on Ubuntu, I used an Ubuntu Personal Package Archive (PPA) which enables me to keep Chromium updated as new builds are released. These updates are done through the standard Ubuntu software update mechanism, so I'll pick up Chromium updates in addition to other Ubuntu updates. I got Google Chrome and keep it updated using the same method, but a different PPA.

I haven't looked for Chromium binaries for other platforms since I was mainly interested in trying out Google Chrome (and by accident Chromium) on Linux.

Attached are screenshots of Google Chrome 5.x 64-bit and Chromium 6 64-bit running on Ubuntu 10.04 64-bit Linux.

Peace...

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.