1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Latest Spybot worm virus...

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by theMusicMan, Sep 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. theMusicMan

theMusicMan Thread Starter

Hi All

I have the latest McAfee virus dat file, and McAfee SpamKiller - both running sort of OK.

How come I still get these darned e-mails (1) pretending to be from MSoft and (2) apology for not being able to deliver etc...

Does this mean I actually have the virus? Do I need to do a full scan? I thougth McAfee virus scan pro ensures they don't get onto your machine...?

Thoughts please... thanks

John

2. KeithKman

KeithKman

Do they contain Viruses in the E-mail? McAfee is coming up and saying these e-mails have viruses? Just delete the e-mails that contain the virus.

3. theMusicMan

... sometimes McAfee says it is a harmful file but other times it doesn't..!

I don't open any of those mails (obviously) and I delete them all it's just a pain receiving them.... sooooooo many of them...... hundreds during the course of the last few days...

Johnh

4. KeithKman

KeithKman

Yea thats normal, simply delete the e-mail file and you will be fine.

5. BillC

BillC

You do not have the virus but rather you are in the e-mail address book of someone who does. As stated, just delete these e-mails. Here is more information on W32.Swen.a virus.

6. theMusicMan

... many thanks Bill... reassured now.. :)

7. TheRef310

TheRef310

You might want to warn yor buddies that they might have the virus though...If they all get the virus fixed, the e-mails would stop///

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!