1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Latest updates to W10

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by stevecook, May 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. stevecook

stevecook Thread Starter

Has anyone else had problems since the latest update to W10?
    I have a network of 3 W10 computers sharing files etc but since the last updates all my network settings have been trashed and I can't get the computers to communicate with each other. This isn't the first time updates have caused this problem but this time changing the network sharing settings etc hasn't fixed the problem.

2. bobcat5536

bobcat5536

3. stevecook

stevecook Thread Starter

Thanks bobcat5536, I will try that over the weekend although mine were networked as public not homegroup. Why do MS keep messing with stuff? they even changed my cursor back to default.

4. stevecook

stevecook Thread Starter

After 5 hours (thank you Microsoft) I have re-established my network following bobcat5536s link, painstakingly resetting sharing and security on every drive. I had lots of problems getting all 3 to open each others files although they could see each other. I had to enable Netbios over TCP/IP in 2 cases. Many thanks bobcat5536.

5. bobcat5536

bobcat5536

Your quite welcome...glad you got it figured out.

stevecook likes this.
  6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1210981

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice