1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Launcher file linked to missing Kernel

Discussion in 'Games' started by wickedliquid, Jan 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wickedliquid

wickedliquid Thread Starter

I apologize if this appears to be an elementary problem - from the posts that I have read, you all are exceptionally intelligent in regards to dissecting operating systems and unfortunately, I am not. Any help from you all would be much obliged. I'm trying to install Lineage(MMORPG) onto my system (Window's 95) and I get the following message:

"LAUNCHER.EXE file is linked to missing export KERNEL32.DLL:GetLongPathNameA."

I have NO idea what that means and moreover, I have NO idea how to correct it. Is there anyone that might be able to assist me?

Thank you kindly and very much!

2. ohheck

ohheck

take a look here:
    http://support.lineage.com/cgi-bin/...p_new_search=1&p_search_type=3&p_sort_by=dflt

assuming this is the right Lineage........

"To be safe, you should be sure that you have about 1 gigabyte of free space on your hard drive when you are installing Lineage. The minimum hardware specifications for Lineage are as follows:

Windows 98/ME/Windows NT 4.0 SP3 or Windows 2000
    Pentium II 350MHz or higher
    Main Memory 128M or higher
    Video card supports 640x480x16bpp
    Internet connection (modem or LAN)
    More than 900MB Hard Disk Space "

3. wickedliquid

wickedliquid Thread Starter

I went to that site first, but it did not help me out. I've already re-installed it 3 times. ARghhhhh! lol.....any other suggestions?

4. ohheck

ohheck

er- "min specs.... windows 98..."

you said you have win95?.................

could be that-

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114760

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice